Umeme Limited is Uganda’s main electricity distribution company, listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange and cross listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The Company operates a 20 year electricity distribution concession effective 1st March 2005, from the Government of Uganda. After the electricity sector reforms in 1999, Uganda adopted a single buyer electricity sector model, where Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is the System Operator, responsible for the purchase of electricity from all Independent Power Producers, import and export of electricity and being Umeme’s sole supplier.
As an electricity distributor, Umeme is licensed to distribute and supply electricity to customers. This mandate involves; operation, maintenance and upgrade of electricity distribution infrastructure, electricity retail and provision of related services. The sector is regulated by the Electricity Regulatory Authority, whose mandate includes setting operating standards and appropriate end user tariffs.
Company contact info
This content is locked
Login To Unlock The Content!
- Umeme clarifies on planned shutdowns - New Vision
Umeme clarifies on planned shutdowns New Vision
- A Glimpse Into Uganda's Energy Transition Strategy (Part One ... - Uganda Radio Network
A Glimpse Into Uganda's Energy Transition Strategy (Part One ... Uganda Radio Network
- Uganda Securities Exchange weekly trade briefing - Uganda Business News
Uganda Securities Exchange weekly trade briefing Uganda Business News
- Ugandan MPs approve Bill giving government oil import monopoly - Nation
Ugandan MPs approve Bill giving government oil import monopoly Nation
- Stakeholders push for regular maintenance, testing of power ... - Citizen Digital
Stakeholders push for regular maintenance, testing of power ... Citizen Digital
- Early dividend payout likely to boost Airtel share price on secondary ... - Independent
Early dividend payout likely to boost Airtel share price on secondary ... Independent