Umeme Limited is Uganda’s main electricity distribution company, listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange and cross listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The Company operates a 20 year electricity distribution concession effective 1st March 2005, from the Government of Uganda. After the electricity sector reforms in 1999, Uganda adopted a single buyer electricity sector model, where Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is the System Operator, responsible for the purchase of electricity from all Independent Power Producers, import and export of electricity and being Umeme’s sole supplier.
As an electricity distributor, Umeme is licensed to distribute and supply electricity to customers. This mandate involves; operation, maintenance and upgrade of electricity distribution infrastructure, electricity retail and provision of related services. The sector is regulated by the Electricity Regulatory Authority, whose mandate includes setting operating standards and appropriate end user tariffs.
Company contact info
This content is locked
Login To Unlock The Content!
- VIDEO: ERA: Uganda's Electricity Sector Taking a Giant Leap Forward - chimpreports.com
VIDEO: ERA: Uganda's Electricity Sector Taking a Giant Leap Forward chimpreports.com
- Electricity line vandalism: Security agencies welcome terrorism charge - New Vision
Electricity line vandalism: Security agencies welcome terrorism charge New Vision
- Cement prices shoot up as load shedding bites factories - New Vision
Cement prices shoot up as load shedding bites factories New Vision
- Parliament of Uganda: (Members of Parliament) MPs want electricity ... - Marketscreener.com
Parliament of Uganda: (Members of Parliament) MPs want electricity ... Marketscreener.com
- New details emerge on Kawempe house fire - Monitor
New details emerge on Kawempe house fire Monitor
- Why energy losses bite into consumers' pockets - Independent
Why energy losses bite into consumers' pockets Independent