Francis Drummond & Company Limited
Experience & Activities
Francis Drummond and Company Limited (FD) is a specialized stock brokerage service provider. The company is a private limited liability company incorporated in accordance with the Companies Act in Kenya. It is a pioneer Member of the Nairobi Securities Exchange and has been in existence since 1949 and hence the reference “Broker No. 1”. It is licensed by the Capital Markets Authority and it is also an Authorized Central Depository Agent.
The firm is a Member of the Kenya Association of Stockbrokers and Investment Banks (KASIB), a trading participant at Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) and an Authorised Central Depository Agent of the Central Depository & Settlement Corporation Limited (CDSC).
Francis Drummond and Company Limited has established a solid reputation in its long existence as a trusted, dependable and innovative investment partner. It has played a leading role in the metamorphosis of the capital market in Kenya and the wider East African region by being involved in the following projects:-
- Establishment of the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
- Sponsoring broker for listing of several Companies in the NSE Co-sponsoring broker for the Uchumi Supermarkets Rights Issue
- Establishment of the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange
- Syndication in local projects such as Longonot Place
- Co-sponsoring broker of the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) IPO.