Unga Group was founded in 1908 making it one of Kenya’s oldest companies. The group’s headquarters are in Nairobi with flour mills in Eldoret, Nakuru and Mombasa.
In 2000, Unga Group was in losses and entered into a strategic investment partnership with Seaboard Corporation to form Unga Holding Limited as part of its recovery strategy. Unga Groups operations were all transferred to the newly created subsidiary. Seaboard Corporation brought on-board capital and technical expertise. Unga Group re-entered the bread market in 2015 through its acquisition of Ennsvalley Bakery. This move was aimed to diversify the group’s investments. This acquisition was funded by the proceeds the group earned from the sale its 51% stake in Bullpak, the group’s paper packaging subsidiary, to South African based Nampak.
Company contact info
This content is locked
Login To Unlock The Content!
Nairobi Securities Exchange – NSE
MANUFACTURING & ALLIED INDUSTRY
- The big dividend drought at the Nairobi Securities Exchange - The Standard
The big dividend drought at the Nairobi Securities Exchange The Standard
- Ndegwa family transfers Sh1.7bn NCBA Bank shares - Business Daily
Ndegwa family transfers Sh1.7bn NCBA Bank shares Business Daily
- As Wheat Prices Soar, Africa Turns to Cheaper Grains - Bloomberg
As Wheat Prices Soar, Africa Turns to Cheaper Grains Bloomberg
- Philip Ndegwa: 5 Businesses Owned by Family of 1st Kenyan to 'Bank a Billion' - Tuko.co.ke
Philip Ndegwa: 5 Businesses Owned by Family of 1st Kenyan to 'Bank a Billion' Tuko.co.ke
- Rosier times for Kenya’s post-Covid economy despite election jitters: analysts - The East African
Rosier times for Kenya’s post-Covid economy despite election jitters: analysts The East African
- Shortage of raw materials to see food prices rally - Business Daily
Shortage of raw materials to see food prices rally Business Daily