Unga Group was founded in 1908 making it one of Kenya’s oldest companies. The group’s headquarters are in Nairobi with flour mills in Eldoret, Nakuru and Mombasa.
In 2000, Unga Group was in losses and entered into a strategic investment partnership with Seaboard Corporation to form Unga Holding Limited as part of its recovery strategy. Unga Groups operations were all transferred to the newly created subsidiary. Seaboard Corporation brought on-board capital and technical expertise. Unga Group re-entered the bread market in 2015 through its acquisition of Ennsvalley Bakery. This move was aimed to diversify the group’s investments. This acquisition was funded by the proceeds the group earned from the sale its 51% stake in Bullpak, the group’s paper packaging subsidiary, to South African based Nampak.
Company contact info
This content is locked
Login To Unlock The Content!
Nairobi Securities Exchange – NSE
MANUFACTURING & ALLIED INDUSTRY
- Is a four-day work week viable in Kenya? - Business Daily
Is a four-day work week viable in Kenya? Business Daily
- Unga Group issues profit warning on increased cost of raw materials - Capital FM Kenya
Unga Group issues profit warning on increased cost of raw materials Capital FM Kenya
- Nutreco joint venture with Unga Group approved - World Grain
Nutreco joint venture with Unga Group approved World Grain
- Unga gets nod to form two animal feed joint ventures - Business Daily
Unga gets nod to form two animal feed joint ventures Business Daily
- Nutreco, Unga form 2 joint ventures in East Africa - FeedStrategy.com
Nutreco, Unga form 2 joint ventures in East Africa FeedStrategy.com
- Unga Group closes deal with animal feed firm as it seeks larger footprint in EA - Capital FM Kenya
Unga Group closes deal with animal feed firm as it seeks larger footprint in EA Capital FM Kenya