Unga Group was founded in 1908 making it one of Kenya’s oldest companies. The group’s headquarters are in Nairobi with flour mills in Eldoret, Nakuru and Mombasa.
In 2000, Unga Group was in losses and entered into a strategic investment partnership with Seaboard Corporation to form Unga Holding Limited as part of its recovery strategy. Unga Groups operations were all transferred to the newly created subsidiary. Seaboard Corporation brought on-board capital and technical expertise. Unga Group re-entered the bread market in 2015 through its acquisition of Ennsvalley Bakery. This move was aimed to diversify the group’s investments. This acquisition was funded by the proceeds the group earned from the sale its 51% stake in Bullpak, the group’s paper packaging subsidiary, to South African based Nampak.
Company contact info
This content is locked
Login To Unlock The Content!
Nairobi Securities Exchange – NSE
MANUFACTURING & ALLIED INDUSTRY
- Viral this week: Woman asks Kasavuli's mum for Martin's hand in ... - Tuko.co.ke
Viral this week: Woman asks Kasavuli's mum for Martin's hand in ... Tuko.co.ke
- Sang returns to Kenya Pipeline as acting MD - Business Daily
Sang returns to Kenya Pipeline as acting MD Business Daily
- Kenyan Who Quit High-End Job, Sold House, Cars for Amazon Misses Opportunity - Kenyans.co.ke
Kenyan Who Quit High-End Job, Sold House, Cars for Amazon Misses Opportunity Kenyans.co.ke
- Unga Group targets sub-counties in new expansion drive - Capital FM Kenya
Unga Group targets sub-counties in new expansion drive Capital FM Kenya
- Equities Went Downhill In 2022 – Cytonn - Soko Directory Team
Equities Went Downhill In 2022 – Cytonn Soko Directory Team
- Unga Group Could Stop Maize Milling Business After Over 110 ... - Tuko.co.ke
Unga Group Could Stop Maize Milling Business After Over 110 ... Tuko.co.ke